VAC services update: by VFS Global
VAC services update: soon to open biometric appointments for other services.
● are exempt from the travel restrictions
● have complete knowledge about the changes to the application process
● Check the VAC’s website and learn about the services that they are offering.
Passport Submission Webform:
Soon to be launched coming week a new passport submission webform. Stay tuned to the VAC Web portal.
Your passport for Canada jobs can only be submitted to a VAC only once you receive the request letter or get an email from the office. It is recommended that you check the VAC’s website before you send your passport.
You are required to give your biometrics which include your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) once you have applied for the VAC services. For this, you are required to book an appointment first. .
Steps To Follow at VAC
You need to book an appointment to give your biometrics. Here are the steps that you need to follow at the visa application centre:
● Arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment.
● Make sure that you attend the appointment for your visa application only & not someone else’s.
● People who are permitted to enter the Visa Application Centre include the applicants, caregivers and as well as children under 18 years.
● Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your visa application. You also need to bring a valid passport or travel document which has minimum 2 blank on both sides.
● Bring along all the original and their copies for documentation.
● In case you didn’t pay for the visa fee online, you can do so once you are at the centre.
● Once you are at the centre, you are also required to submit your fingerprints and photograph. This is a part of the biometric information collection and will be collected using a digital finger scanner, and a digital photo will be taken.
● The digital photograph needs to be taken of your full face and without any sunglasses, or head covering other than religious or medical reasons. It is mandatory that your face is clearly visible and no hair fall over the eyes.
● You are required to ensure that your fingertips do not have forms of decoration – be it mehndi, abrasions, cuts, or other markings as these would create issues during the finger scans.
● In case you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under 5 years of age, you are required to bring them to the appointment centre, but in this particular case, you are not required to provide their fingerprint information.
● Children under 18 years old are required to be accompanied by an adult and who is not a member of VFS staff.
● In case you miss your appointment on the given date, you are required to book a new appointment only after 24 hours from your previous appointment date.
● It is mandatory to get the biometrics information done, otherwise your visa application will remain unprocessed.