Saskatchewan Launches Saskatchewan Graduate Entrepreneur Category for International Students
Saskatchewan Graduate Entrepreneur Category, Saskatchewan Launches for International Students
Saskatchewan has launched a new Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) immigration stream for international students entrepreneurs who graduate from a designated post-secondary institute in Saskatchewan.
The new stream allows the opportunity for international graduates to start a business and obtain permanent residency. If you are a graduate from a designated learning institute who has 2 years of post-graduate work permit then this may be your pathway to Candian immigration.
To be eligible for the international graduate entrepreneur category, students must meet the following conditions:
- Under 21 years of age
- Should have completed at least 2 years of full-time studies in Saskatchewan from a designated learning institute
- Graduates must have a valid post-graduate work permit of at least 2 years
- Have lived in Saskatchewan for the duration of education
- Meet the Canadian CLB of 7
Students who have completed a program distant learning program or accelerated learning programs are not eligible to apply under the program.
Those wishing to apply under this program should meet the minimum eligibility criteria. If they are eligible, the graduates should follow the process laid out by the Government of Saskatchewan for provincial nomination.
- Expression of Interest: Those eligible are required to submit an expression of interest based on which they will be assigned a score. Once they are assigned an EOI score they will be entered into a pool of candidates.
- Invitation to Apply: Candidates with top scores will be invited to apply and submit their documents. They will also be asked to sign a Business Performance Agreement based on its Business Establishment Plan.
- Establish your Business: After the approval of their applications, the graduates will be required to start and operate their business in accordance with the BPA. The applicants are required to operate the business for at least 1 year.
- Apply for Provincial Nominee: Once the minimum 1 year of business operations as per the BPA is met, applicants are eligible to apply for the provincial nominee program. Those who receive the nomination will still have to continue operating the business as per the agreement until they receive their permanent residence.
To learn more about the program and apply under the Saskatchewan Graduate Entrepreneur Category, contact Greentech Resources. We are leaders in Canada immigration, student visa, recruitment, LMIA, newcomer job search, work permits, and business class immigration.