Immigrate to Saskatchewan

Do you want to live in Saskatchewan?

We can help!


I want to live in satskatchewan...

What to prepare before you immigrate to Saskatchewan

Before you leave your home country, there are many different free pre-arrival services which you can choose from and access to.


There are several service providers who give you general settlement and employment services that:


Others will provide specific services to immigrants of a certain province or to people in a particular profession.


These services are provided online. In-person services is only provided by some providers.

Multiple languages are available for some services.


Check whether or not you are eligible to have free pre-arrival services.


Kindly note that pre-arrival services are provided in different places of Saskatchewan. Therefore you should look for immigration services near the place you plan to live in.

Before you arrive in Canada, it is recommended to begin looking for a job when you are still in your home country. You can access to free pre-arrival services to have assistance on finding a job. Depends on the providers, you may get general or specific information on how to find a job.

There are regulated and non-regulated occupations in Saskatchewan

Before arriving in Saskatchewan, you should contact the regulatory body in Saskatchewan to inquire about the requirements and cost for licensing as you may need to be licensed in order to work in a regulated occupation in the province. You should also ask about the recommended procedure for a credential assessment.

Speaking and comprensing English is also vital to your career in Saskatchewan. You are required to be fluent in French or English and, moreover, have a good knowledge of all work-related language for regulated, non-regulated occupations and trades. There are language requirements which you must satisfy in order to do your job. You can contact the regulatory body if you want to work in a regulated occupation to find out the type of language proficiency test required in the assessment or evaluation.

Make sure you have information on the parts of the process you can do or start before you depart your home country. You may have to:

  • Prepare you documents from your educational institution or home licensing body
  • Improve English skills to satisfy the language requirements of your occupation
  • Start necessary international educational evaluation
  • The regulatory body or employer may ask you for documents which are related to employment, such as:
    • School records, certificates and education diplomas, including transcripts listing all completed courses to obtain a certificate or degree
    • Occupation certificate or license from the regulatory body in your home country
    • Photocopies of all essential documents just in case the originals get lost (you ought to keep the photocopies separated from the originals)
    • Translated versions of the documents that are not originally in French or English
    • Letters of reference from former employers

English is the main language in Saskatchewan. Good English skills will help you get a job,  communicate with people, access services, get along well with your new community and settle successfully.

While you are still in your home country, you should improve your English. You can take online self-evaluation to know your current language level. You are recommended to access available English classes in your home country. Also, there are programs you can attend to learn English after you arrive in Saskatchewan.

Other things to do before you come to Saskatchewan:

Gather all official documents belonging to you and the family members who are going with you. This includes common documents as:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate or baptismal certificate
  • Marriage, separation or divorce documents;
  • Adoption record (if any adopted children)
  • Death certificate (if any deceased spouse)
  • School records, certificates and education diplomas, including transcripts listing all completed courses to obtain a certificate or degree
  • Medical records and dental records
  • Vehicle registration (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
  • Photocopies of all essential documents just in case the originals get lost (you ought to keep the photocopies separated from the originals)
  • Translated versions of the documents that are not originally in French or English
  • Look for a place to accommodate for the first few weeks in Saskatchewan before you have a permanent place to reside in
  • Learn about your employer if you have found a job

Read Saskatchewan’s Regional Newcomer Gateways that are welcome centres for newcomers coming to Saskatchewan

Learn about Saskatchewan and the city or town where you will immigrate to

Read about the weather in Saskatchewan so that you can bring appropriate clothes

By Immigrating | SINP | For Students

The SINP has extended Temporary Measures for this subcategory. These measures will expire on December 31, 2021, and are enacted in support of international students residing in Saskatchewan who has been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Students living here from September 1st, 2020 graduate schools may be eligible to apply through the temporary measure if they meet certain criteria.

  • This year, the SINP is welcoming 1,000 applications under its temporary measure. As of October 18th, 2021 another 424 will be accepted through this same process and as we get closer to January 1st, 2022 those numbers are always updated every Monday morning with new acceptances
  • From September 22, any job offers from an approved Saskatchewan employer in any NOC C occupation will be accepted under this Temporary Measure, besides NOC 0, A, and B.


  • Students who have graduated from a Saskatchewan institute
  • Students who have graduated from a Canadian institute

The sub-categories above are for students who:

  • Graduates from a recognized post-secondary Canadian institution.
  • Want to apply for nomination by the SINP.
  • Meet one of the sub-category criteria. Criteria can change at any time and will be updated on our website as soon as possible.

Students may apply to any of the other SINP categories if they meet the criteria.



Students who have graduated from a Saskatchewan institute

You may qualify in this sub-category if:

  • You have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan with:
    • A certificate.
    • A diploma.
    • A degree.
  • You have worked for a minimum of 6 months (or 780 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan.
    • Eligible types of work experience include:
      • On-campus.
      • Off-campus.
      • Co-op terms.
      • Graduate fellowships which can be verified by the institution you attended.
      • Work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • You currently hold a valid post-graduation work permit from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • You have a permanent, full-time job offer in your field of study from an approved Saskatchewan employer. The job should be:
  • You have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • You have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC “C” occupation.

Students who have graduated from an institute in Canada

You may qualify in this sub-category if:

  • You have graduated from a program equivalent to at least one academic year (8 months) of full-time study from a recognized post-secondary institution outside of Saskatchewan with:
    • A certificate.
    • A diploma.
    • A degree.
  • You have applied and received a valid post-graduation work permit from IRCC.
  • You worked after graduation with a post-graduate permit in Saskatchewan and maintained at least 780 hours of employment over six consecutive months.
    • Eligible types include work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • You have a permanent, full-time job offer in your field of study from a Saskatchewan employer. The job should be:
  • You have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter.
  • You have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 if your job offer is in a NOC ‘C’ occupation.

The SINP is limited to a certain number of applications every year. The federal government sets this cap, and they can’t accept any more than it specifies – no application will be guaranteed acceptance.


Who Cannot Apply Through the Student Category

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.
  • International students who have not completed their program of study.

You may not be eligible if:

  • You did not provide the required documents at the time of submitting your application.
  • You were not able to prove that you plan to live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.


How to Apply


  • Applications that are missing documents or are not translated will be closed. 
  • If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and asked to reapply.

Apply online to the SINP

Application Process:

  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete all sections.
  3. Scan and upload your completed forms and supporting documents in a PDF. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.


Other Forms and Information

In order to be eligible for SINP nomination, you will need all of your documents and a copy of any required forms. In addition: 

  • Your identity.
  • Work experience.
  • Academic credentials.
  • Language ability.
  • Finances.

The SINP may need more documents that are not listed above.


General Guidelines

In order to be eligible for SINP nomination, you will need all of your documents and a copy of any required forms. In addition: 

  • A copy of the original document.
  • A copy of the English or French translation of the document.
  • A copy of an affidavit from the translator, describing their translation ability.


About Translators

Translators must be:

Translators must not be:

  • A family member.
  • A spouse.
  • Anyone who works for or is preparing your application.

You should make sure that your translated documents meet all federal requirements when applying for permanent residency.

If your documents are not clear, missing or not translated into English or French – they will close. A closed application cannot be re-opened and you’ll have to start over if this is the case for a second review.


Required Forms

You must fill out and attach these forms to your application:

  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (principal applicant only).
  2. Additional Family Information Form (a form completed by both the principal applicant and the spouse).
  3. Schedule A – Background/Declaration (a form is required for the principal applicant and spouse).

If you have more than five dependants or children, you must provide this form:

If you have a common-law spouse, you must provide this form:

If you are using an Immigration Representative, you must provide this form:

Requests for translation of documents require the original in-language text along with their translated versions, both submitted on this same checklist card so they can easily keep track at all times during processing:

If you would like to designate an individual to contact the SINP on your behalf, you must provide this form:

For help with filling out the federal forms, see these videos:

Required Documents

The following are documents you need for your application:

1. Post-Graduate Work Permit

You must submit a copy of your valid post-graduate work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

2. Work Experience Credentials

You must submit:

  • A letter from your employer(s) for your job position, start date, length of employment, main duties, and your weekly working hours in case the position was not full-time.
  • Copies of your pay stubs that show the employer’s name, your position, and the hours worked.
  • Record of employment.

3. Job Offer Requirements

It is required to have an offer letter for a full-time, permanent job from a Saskatchewan employer in a NOC Matrix level “O,” “A” or “B” occupation, OR in an occupation that requires post-secondary education. The job offer must relate to the field of study that you completed in Saskatchewan or Canada.

All positions must offer pay and working conditions that match Canadian standards.

The Letter of Offer must:

  • Be addressed to the principal applicant.
  • Say the job title, duties, wage, benefits, and company contact information.
  • List the location of your job.
  • Be issued on the company’s letterhead.
  • Be signed by the employer.

Your job offer must be approved by the SINP before you apply, or your application will be rejected.

  • Your employer must register online to have the position assessed.
  • Once the position is approved, your employer will get a Job Approval Letter that includes your position, name, and NOC code.
  • Send a copy of the SINP Job Approval Letter with your application.

4. Language Credentials

If your job offer requires post-secondary education and is classified as a NOC “C” occupation:

  • You must provide valid language test results from a designated testing agency.
  • You must have an English or French language ability of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 4 or higher.
  • Your test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application.

The acceptable tests and equivalence to CLB 4 (minimum scores) are:

Name of Test 

Minimal Scores

The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training

Listening – 4.5

Reading – 3.5

Writing – 4

Speaking – 4

The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General)

Listening – 4

Reading – 4

Writing – 4

Speaking – 4

The Test d’évaluation de français (for French language)

Listening – 145

Reading – 121

Writing – 181

Speaking – 181

The Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada)

Listening – 331

Reading – 342

Writing – 4

Speaking – 4

5. Education Credentials

You must send documents to verify your education, such as:

  • Education/trade certificates.
  • Degrees.
  • Diplomas.

Include official transcripts showing school(s) attended and courses taken.

6. Identity and Civil Status Documents

You need to give these documents to confirm your identity and civil status:

  • Birth Certificates that list both parents for:
    • You (the principal applicant).
    • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable).
    • Each dependent child.
  • If you are married or widowed, you must include:
    • A marriage certificate.
    • A death certificate of your former spouse (if applicable).
  • If you are in a common-law relationship you must include:
    • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union.
    • Proof of at least one year of common-law relationship. Proof may include statements from a bank showing a joint account; a copy of your signed joint lease or mortgage; a copy of jointly-owned property, apart from your residence; a copy of bills made to both of you; or a copy of life insurance naming the other partner as the beneficiary.)
  • If you or your spouse is divorced, you must include:
    • Final documents for all divorces.
    • Custody and child support documents (if applicable).
  • Adoption papers for your dependent children who were adopted (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children, you must include:
    • A letter from the other parent stating that they are aware of your intention to immigrate to Canada (with or without the child/children) and that there are no custody or child support issues.
    • Proof of custody for the child/children and proof that you have the legal authority to remove the child/children from your home country (if applicable).
  • If you have dependent children that are not coming with you to Canada, you must include:
    • Their name, age, and contact information (mailing and email address, and phone number).
    • The reason why each dependent is not coming, along with supporting documents.

7. Passports

Your passport must be valid from application through to permanent residency. You will need to include copies of pages in your passport that show the passport number, date of issue, expiry date, photo, name, and place of birth for:

  • You (the principal applicant).
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable).
  • All dependent children accompanying you to Canada (if applicable).

If you live in a country that is different from your nationality, please include a copy of your visa for the country.

8. Regulatory or Licensing Credentials (if applicable)

If you are working in an occupation that requires certification from the province of Saskatchewan, then it is important to have proof. Proof can be submitted with your application for SINP membership and will help us determine eligibility before letting you become licensed.

To find more information on regulated occupations, see Regulated Occupations and Licensing Requirements.

An immigration representative is someone you appoint to help you with your immigration application.

They usually charge a fee and can represent you in your application to:

  • The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
  • The Immigration and Refugee Board
  • The Canada Border Services Agency

How to Apply to the SINP

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is a way to immigrate to Canada. Through the SINP, the Province of Saskatchewan:

  • Invites residency applications from non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home
  • Nominates successful applicants to the federal government for permanent residency in Canada

The SINP is only one of the steps toward becoming a permanent resident in Saskatchewan. All approved applicants must also apply for residency through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Canadian Immigration Commission.

SINP offers applicants:

  • Competitive application processing times
  • Assistance from provincial immigration officers who can explain requirements

The Government of Saskatchewan makes the final choice on SINP nominations. When successful candidates apply for permanent resident status with IRCC, they’ll be identified as SINP nominees.

You can apply to the SINP if you meet the program criteria. Be sure to complete accurate applications and provide valid documentation.

Important Information

As an applicant, you can choose to work with an immigration consultant. However, no immigration consultant is given an immigrant quota from the Province of Saskatchewan.

Three SINP program categories you can apply to:

The SINP’s online application system, OASIS, is used to administer program applications and issue correspondence. Please review the OASIS User Guide for additional information about how to use and navigate OASIS.


From the Expression of Interest (EOI) pool, EOI candidates who are applying for the Entrepreneur category will be invited on these 3 occasions:

  • July 12th 2021
  • September 2nd 2021
  • November 4th 2021


For EOI candidates of the entrepreneur category, please look at some noteworthy terms belows:


Due to Canada’s restricted travel policy, a short-term initiative is applied: Candidates have to go on Exploratory Visits to claim points for their applications. If completed on or after March 18 2019, these visits will be acceptable. However, when the travel restriction policy end, visits must be completed once more, in less than 12 months of EOI submission so that applicants are eligible for awarded points. In other words, SINP applicants for the category of entrepreneur must have conducted the exploratory visit before EOI submission to claim points for an Exploratory Visit.


For applicants living outside of Canada, in case your paper work permit application is submitted but has not yet been taken on, it will need to be resubmitted as an electronic application with extra fees. After the Government of Canada (GoC) receives and processes your paper application, the fees will then be refunded. If not, you can also request for a refund by this procedure.


When an Entrepreneur application for SINP latest draw 2021 is submitted, applicants are unable to change their business plan and also their Business Performance Agreement (BPA) after SINP approval. If you want any suggestions or information about a business start-up in Saskatchewan, you can check out the following page: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/to-start-a-business


Applicants are required to submit their BPA applications using email with the attachment of the scans of every necessary documents. Kindly submit your application forms along with detailed documents to saskentrepreneur@gov.sk.ca (kindly limited individual emails to under 18MB). The SINP Application for Nomination will proceed with being submitted by the online system.


In case you have any inquiries regard of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on applications for nominees, temporary residents and permanent residency, you can take a look at the latest update of Immigration FAQs: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs

Due to the State of Emergency of the province of Saskatchewan, kindly take notes of the details below:


As a result of the COVID-19, the Government of Saskatchewan (GoS) temporarily continues to restrict a number of business activities. In order to know more of the restrictions along with the available supports from the province and the federation via visiting https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-information-for-businesses-and-workers. If any questions for your business operation, you can contact 1-833-613-0485 or saskentrepreneur@gov.sk.ca.


Kindly be advised that there are federal support programs which are currently available for small-scale to medium-scale enterprises. You can check https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/03/canadas-covid-19-economic-response-plan-support-for-canadians-and-businesses.html for additional information about Canada’c COVID-19 Response Plan. Eventhough the SINP recognizes the influences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the operation of enterprises, all program criterias    and conditions must continue to be met. Therefore, you are welcomed to speak to our office for a discussion about interim-measures in case you need to make any temporary changes to your business’s operation. Kindly make sure that you always provide up-to-date contact information to the SINP so that you are accessible to us if we have any questions. Although site visits from the SINP staff are unavailable during the provincial State of Emergency, we will be reachable via phone number 

1-833-613-0485 and email saskentrepreneur@gov.sk.ca.


In order to support business in Saskatchewan that are struggling from dealing with economic challenges from the impacts of COVID-19, the provincial government has launched a Business Response Team. You can contact the Business Response Team by calling 1-844-800-8688 or by emailing supportforbusiness@gov.sk.ca for more information in regard of business supports, which are unrelated to immigration application.

Additionally, kindly note that the Application for Good Faith Deposit (GFD) Refund and Application to Change BPA are obligated to be submitted via email, along with the attachment and scanning of all required documents. For GFD applications under any program category, including Farm Owner and Operator, mailed documents are not accepted anymore. You can use email to send application forms with related materials to saskentrepreneur@gov.sk.ca (individual emails should be limited to be less than 18 MB). The SINP Application for Nomination will proceed with being submitted by the online system.

Kindly be advised that the SINP enact these following temporary measures in order to assist Entrepreneur candidates who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak:

  • Entrpreneurs candidates will be provided BPA extensions as they need to suspend or amend their business operations for a while due to the pandemic. The SINP will also support a work permit extension if needed.
  • Entrepreneurs will be supported nominations with the condition of staying in the province and being able to economically support themselves. Entrepreneur applicants or nominees will also not be penalized in case of accessing short-term income support during this time of COVID-19. Even so, nominations will be withdrawn for nominees who close their operations permanently and/or move out of the province.
  • The SINP nominations extensions will be for 6 months. Therefore, nominees have additionals 6 months to work on their permanent residency application to the federal government. 

Through the SINP for Entrepreneur category, you can live in Saskatchewan when you begin, own or participate in a business here.


Below are 4 steps for the SINP entrepreneur category process:

  • Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI) to the SINP
  • EOI Selection & Invitation to submit an Application

⚪ The SINP will select a candidate’s EOI based on their points. Highest-points-candidates are selected for each draw. The number of selected candidates depends on program requirements.

⚪ After candidate’s invitation, the applications will be processed based the order they are received.

  • Business establishment.
  • Candidates’s nomination.

There will not be any preferential treatment for any application provided by the SINP. It is an obligation for all pplications to meet every program requirement. There will also not be any endorsement for Saskatchewan-based projects or companies



Below are the submission you must complete before your application assessment:

  • Processing fee for your application.
  • Report about third party verification.
  • Electronic application along with all supporting materials attached.


SINP will only accept complete applications:

  • SINP will automatically close your application if it is incomplete before the assessment.
  • In case of closed applications, a new EOI must be submitted if you wish to reapply.


Applications will be assessed based on the Entrepreneur Eligibility Criteria. Then the SINP will confirm your EOI Points Assessment. After that, you may receive contact from a Business Immigration Officer for a direct interview or for further informations.


Failing to meet the Eligibility Criteria will result in an ineligible application. In that case, the SINP will remove all submitted information. Once you meet the program criteria, you ca submit a new EOI.


In case the SINP finds out that your score on the Points Assessment Grid is different from your claim (because of intentional misrepresentation) or if you or anyone who associated with our application did not provide relevant information or put up misleading details:

  • The SINP will reject your application.
  • The SINP will not permit your chance of submitting an EOI or application during two years.


Succeeding to meet the all criterias will guarantee a final interview, which you will be contacted for. The interview may be direct or by video conferencing.


A Business Performance Agreement (BPA) will be sent to you upon completion of your final interview. The BPA needs to be reviewed carefully and signed on:

  • For the Government of SAskatchwan (GoS), your BPA is your legal agreement.
  • You BPA will state the amount of our investmen in your business and also the business sector under which your business will be operated. In addition, depends on your Business Establishment Plan, it will list further information.
  • Within 20 days, you must sent your BPA to the SINP by email.
  • After the SINP received your BPA with date and signature, you will be issued a SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter including instructions about a IRCC Temporary Work Permit (TWP) application and a TWP Support Letter which you can use to apply to IRCC for a TWP. The IRCC TWP will allow you to settle and operate your business in the province.
  • Based on the dae of your SINP Approval Letter, you must submit your application for TWP to IRCC within 3 months.
  • After being issued the original TWP Support Leter, you must arrive within 18 months.
  • In case your TWP application get refused by the IRCC, your application to the SINP will also be considered ineligible.

The Expression of Interest (EOI) in the SINP is not an application but an indication of your interest in operating a business and staying in Saskatchewan by giving out your information regarding assets, experience and a BEP (Business Establishment Plan).

The EOI candidate pool includes those who meet the eligibility criteria.

After submitted, EOIs are ranked and scored according to the Points Grid.

Before submitting you EOI, you must meet the entry conditions:

  • You must possess at least $500,000 (CAD) in Personal Assets and Net Business.
  • You must have a minimum of 3 years experience in relevant business management or in entrepreneur within 10 years before your EOI submission.
  • You must have a plan for an investment of at least $300,000 (CAD) in Saskatoon and Regina, or at least $200,000 (CAD) in all other Sasetchewan communities.


By assessing your information provided in your EOI against the Points Grind, we will rank your EOI in the candidate pool. Based on the score, candidates will then be selected and will be invited to submit an application to the SINP.


If you are an invited candidate, you must submit your BEP, which has to include these followings:

  • Your plan to begin and run a business which coordinates with the points in the Points Grid of the Entrepreneur Category.
  • Your ownership of a minimum of one-third (33.33%) of the equity of a Saskatchewan business, only if you invest less than $1,000,000 (CAD) in total.
  • Your commitment to the daily business operation and management.
  • Your proof of creating 2 employment opportunities in Saskatchewan for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, who are unrelated to you. This will only be applied in case you’re opening a new business establishment in Saskatoon or Regina.


For some cases, your BEP assessment may be completed by a professional third party.


There are 2 lists of required documents:


Kindly note that copies should be uploaded to your application and all uploaded documents should be clear and easy to comprehend. In case one of the documents are in any other languages but French or English, you must send these documents below:

  • One electronic copy of the original document.
  • One electronic copy in English or French, translated from the original document.
  • One electronic copy of a Translator Affidavit as a description of the translator’s expertise.


The translation will not be accepted if it is done by:

  • Your spouse or your family member.
  • A third party who is paid to assist in your SINP application.


In some cases, Canadian Visa officers will ask whether you  have your documents translated by a certified translator. The SINP, however, does not ask about this. Still, all your translated documents must meet federal eligibilities.


Eventhough the SINP requires you to upload copies to your electronic application, the IRCC may ask for the original documents or certified copies.

All dependents should be listed on your SINP application of the Entrepreneur Category, no matter whether they are coming with you to Canada or not. In case of any new dependants, they should also be submitted to SINP and IRCC before the Visas are issued.


IRCC may update the definition of dependents or the policies about dependants on any occasion. If you have any question regarding the IRCC’s policies and procedures, visit their website.


From the latest update, your accompanying depends include:

  • Your Spouse
  • Dependent children 
  • Common-law partner


If any dependant family members are not included in your SINP application, they cannot be nominated for permanent residence as part of the application.


In case you wish to have your dependent family members join you in Canada, you will have to submit a separate application later to the Government of Canada’s Family Sponsorship Program, or another immigration category. Your dependant family members can join you after the application is approved.


Kindly not that your parents, brothers and sisters may not be include in your SINP application in case you are the principal applicant.

You can read SINP’s Important words and definitions for more information.

There are 2 third-party financial service providers whom the SINP uses in order to evaluate the net worth and legal accumulation of net worth of the SINP Entrepreneur category applicants.



333 Bay Street, Suite 4600

Toronto Ontario, M5H 2S5

Hotline: 416-777-3887

Email: SINPverification@kpmg.ca


MNP Ltd.


Regina Saskatchewan, S4P 0J3

Hotline: 306-790-7900

Email: mnp.sinp@mnp.ca


After receiving an Invitation to apply to ISA, you will also find an included SINP file number.


You can engage one of the third party financial service provider by contacting the address listed above in order to have assistance for your application. Don’t forget to include you SINP file number.


Make sure to submit all required documents on the Third Party Document Checklist.


Please double-check your information (financial statements, property evaluations, bank account information).


After your assessment is complete, the service provider will send a report to you. You will need to upload the final report online by the deadline to complete your application.

In order to operate your business in Saskatchewan, a TWP is necessary. When applying for a TWP, you must also submit your SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter to the federal government no longer than 3 months since receiving it.


How to apply for a TWP:

  • Register in IRCC’s Employer Portal as a self-employed person (you are the employer of your own business)
  • Pay a fee of $230 for employer compliance. This is exempt from the LMIA fee.
  • In case you do not have a Canada Revenue Agency number, please contact Employer Portal mailbox CIC.EmployerPortal-Portaildelemployeur.CIC@cic.gc.ca for further assistance. When visting the Employer Portal Welcome page , you will find the “What would you like to do today?” section, then click on “Access the offer of employment queue.”
  • After that, fill in your personal information in the section “Your online offer of employment” and submit your application to IRCC for a work permit, you need to show the “Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment” which you have obtained as the type of work permit in the section “Details of Intended Work in Canada”. The code of  Entrepreneurs’ LMIA Exemption is C11. If any question, please read the Employer Portal user guide.


When you successfully get a TWP, you can travel to Saskatchewan and establish a business of your dream.


Live in Saskatchewan to Study

Studying in a foreign country opens a plethora of opportunities for students. However, it does not come without its share of challenges. A student studying anywhere abroad must secure a part-time job in order to support him or herself.

There are plenty of work opportunities available for students in Saskatchewan in addition to quality education. Fresh graduates can also find jobs related to their field of study. To find the right kind of study and work opportunities in Saskatchewan, read on.

Work Opportunities in Saskatchewan

Several institutions in Saskatchewan offer internships and part-time job opportunities for students that are in line with their program of study. As part of the updated International Student Program, students are allowed to work legally part-time off campus and full-time during scheduled school break. In this case, students are not required to have a work permit.

However, students who wish to work under the internship or the co-op program will be required to apply for a co-op work permit. There is an eligibility requirement that students must meet before they can apply for this work-permit.

After Graduating

Students have several options to stay in Saskatchewan after graduating. They are:

  • Work after Graduation – international students who graduate can work up to three years in Saskatchewan under the Post-Graduation Work Permit. 
  • Graduate Retention Program – all students who graduate after 2007 and live in Saskatchewan is eligible for the Graduate Retention Program. The retention program is unique as it provides income tax credits of about $20,000 paid in tuition fees. In order to obtain this permit, the student must file for the Saskatchewan income tax return.
  • Becoming a Permanent Resident – after graduation, a student may wish to become the permanent resident of Canada by opting for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) or through Express Entry.

Saskatchewan is filled with unique opportunities that attracts thousands of students from across the world for study and work. High-quality education with programs that are recognized globally is the major attraction. In addition to that, the cost of living is competitive and the natural beauty of the province makes Saskatchewan a top choice. Students enjoy accelerating careers and business opportunities when settling in this province.

High-Quality Education

In Saskatchewan, residents will notice that primary education is high quality as well as affordable. The Prekindergarten to Grade 12 education prepares individuals for a successful future ahead. Higher educational institutes and universities offers many courses ranging from business to medical degrees. The state-of-the-art research and innovation facilities combined with experienced teachers is what makes Saskatchewan an attraction.

Post-Secondary Educational Institutions

Students can opt for several post-secondary educational institutions in Saskatchewan including:

  1. Universities – The University of Regina and the University of Saskatchewan offer several quality programs that are just right to equip students for excelling careers. Both are government-accredited and publicity funded.
  2. Regional Colleges – the regional colleges serve as a stepping-stone towards skills training, trade and academic studies. Each program leads to a certification, diploma or degree. Several regional colleges offer programs that are linked with the Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Some are also linked with first-year university classes where students can transfer credits to a university.
  3. Career Colleges – these colleges are also called Private Vocational Schools where students are offered non-degree training programs to prepare them for a specific occupation. Programs include business, fashion design, healthcare careers and office administration.
  4. Polytechnics – individuals here are equipped with applied learning opportunities keeping in view market knowledge and skills. Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a valued member of Polytechnics Canada. Offering 150 certified programs, students are served through campuses in Prince Albert, Regina, Moose Jaw and Saskatoon.

Pathways leading to Post-Secondary Education in Saskatchewan


The educational pathways leading to a post-secondary degree are flexible for students based in Saskatchewan. Students can choose from the following:

  • Students can enroll in one institution to gain a diploma, certificate or a degree program.
  • Students can choose to start a study program at one institution and finish it in another. For example, a program can start can at a regional college and finished at a university.
  •  Students can finish a degree program at one institution and then opt for an additional diploma or certificate in a focused field. This gives students specific practical skills.

Getting a Study Permit

Individuals usually require study permits or a temporary resident visa in order to study in Canada. However, there are exceptions, which can be viewed in detail on the official IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) website. Visit Get a Study Permit for more information on required documents for studying in Saskatchewan.

The International Student Program was revamped back in 2014 by IRCC to ensure that international students get the high-quality education in Canada. Students who receive an acceptance letter from a designated university in Saskatchewan will be granted a study permit.

Alternatively, students who are planning to take short-term course or enroll in six-month programs of study do not require a study permit. See Government of Canada’s Study in Canada Section.

A Few Colleges and Universities We Work With

immigration to saskatchewan by study university (1)
immigration to saskatchewan by study university (2)
immigration to saskatchewan by study university (3)
immigration to saskatchewan by study university (4)
immigration to saskatchewan by study university (5)
immigration to saskatchewan by study university (7)
immigration to saskatchewan how we help

Live in Saskatchewan to Start a Business

Saskatchewan is one of the desired destination for entrepreneur as its economy provide strong and long-term opportunities to start-up or to purchase an existing business.

If you have business experiences and satisfy the program criteria, you should consider to apply for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Entrepreneur and Farm Categories.

If you want to research specific opportunities, there are some online resources you can get help from:

  • Saskatchewan’s network of local Chambers of Commerce : is able to assist you on connecting with business members in their communities. 
  • Saskatoon and Regina – Saskatchewan’s two major cities – have economic development agencies which offer services to investors. You can learn more by visiting Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority or the Economic Development Regina.
  • Located in Saskatoon, Square One delivers assistance by phone, online or in person to people who wish to begin or expand a small business in Saskatchewan.
  • There are also local economic development professionals – members of the Saskatchewan Economic Development Alliance, who are knowledgeable about economic opportunities in their communities.
  • Community Futures – a network of federally funded organizations which help small business owners in the communities they serve.

On top of the aboves, you should also search online for common services which are required by new entrepreneurs/investors, including business consultants and tax lawyers.

Service providers cannot be specifically recommended by the Government of Saskatchewan. Therefore, you can seek guidance and assistance from resources in the links below:


If you need further information regarding key sectors of investing in Saskatchewan, you can visit Investment and Economic Development.

In order to start a business in Saskatchewan, you need a business permit and license. Additionally, you will also need to register your business online.

Entrepreneurship Benefits in Saskatchewan

Small businesses in Saskatchewan has created many job opportunities. Entrepreneurs either work alone or with partners and employ workers. According to the 2021 Small Business Profile report, small businesses account for 98.9% business operations in Saskatchewan. The report also stated that most of the jobs are created through business setups and 30% of all the workers in the province are employed in small businesses. In the year 2020, 29% of Saskatchewan’s GDP was created through small businesses.

Starting a Business in Saskatchewan

The following links will help you get started with your business in Saskatchewan:

  • Saskatchewan Corporate Registry – service provider that includes registration of sole proprietorships, incorporating legal entities, partnerships, maintaining a registry if names, and enforcing registration and compliance requirements.
  • Square One, Saskatchewan Business Resource Centre – guides and assists entrepreneurs with startups and management of businesses through programs and services. Additionally, Square One has The Sk Biz Grid which is an online directory of networks and organizations that assist with business startups and financing.
  • BizPaL (Business Permits and Licenses) – this online service will assist you in looking for the right business permit and license before you can start your business.
  • Canada Business Network – this will provide information for the entire country. You can customize your selection by selecting the province of your choice to understand the legalities for each type of business.
Immigration_infographic_business immigration to saskatchewan

Live in Saskatchewan to Work

Work Permit and LMIA

LMIA stands for Labor Market Impact Assessment. LMIA is a document that an employer-based in Canada needs when hiring a foreign worker. This can only be done when the employer can prove that a local Canadian or a Permanent Resident is not available for the job. An approved or a positive LMIA document can be considered as a confirmation letter. Employers need to apply for LMIA and once they get the approval, they can hire a foreign worker for the job.

The worker in question will have to apply for a work permit once he or she gets an LMIA. Additionally, the foreign worker will also need a job offer letter from the employer, a copy of the LMIA, a contract, and the LMIA number. Once all the documents are submitted, the foreign worker will get a work permit.

Due to the impact of COVID-19 and travel restrictions, getting a work permit may take longer to process. See how the application may be affected.

Where to Look for Work

Job openings are usually advertised on websites, newspapers, job fairs, and community bulletin boards like every other country. Keep in mind that it is against the law to charge a potential employee for helping to find work. The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act (FWRISA) protects every immigrant coming to Canada.

Job Websites

The following websites are updated with new job opportunities in Saskatchewan. Make sure you visit them regularly to stay updated:

  • Saskjobs.ca – the largest job portal in Saskatchewan showing job listings for entry-level, trade professionals, and management positions. All jobs are listed with occupation and region.
  • Health Careers in Saskatchewan – lists all health care jobs available in Saskatchewan Regional Health Authorities in addition to Saskatchewan Cancer Agency.
  • Saskatchewan Government Careers – lists available jobs in the provincial government.
  • Job Bank Canada – a government website that shows available jobs for immigrants all over Canada. You can filter the region and your field of profession to look for available jobs.
  • Cic Canada Jobs – unique Canada job portal developed to help job seekers find a suitable job in Canada. Finding a job in Canada suitable to your profile isn’t that easy, and the process of selecting right candidate is the toughest job for employers. Considering the fact that hiring candidates outside of Canada is a lengthy process we try to make it easy for employers. 

Employment Services

Before Your Arrival in Saskatchewan

It is a good idea to develop skills for job search and improve communication skills before you arrive in Canada. Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA) is a program that helps immigrants find a job easily in Saskatchewan and have a better understanding of the Canadian workplace. This allows you to come prepared for the workplace.

After Your Arrival in Saskatchewan

The following organizations can assist you in finding a job as well as provide information on available job opportunities.

  1. SaskJobs – Career Services efficiently matches the skills of workers with the available job requirements throughout the province. Additionally, new immigrants can get information about job opportunities as well as training and education.
  2. Regional Newcomer Gateways are centers that welcome newcomers to Saskatchewan and help them with information. Immigrants will find all the information they need to succeed with their move to Saskatchewan.

Gaining Canadian Work Experience

Immigrants with Canadian work experience will always have an edge over those who do not. Employers seek workers with Canadian work experience because they want to ensure their employees are familiar with how things are done in Canada. Customer interaction should be done in a way that is acceptable in the Canadian culture and handle equipment, which is commonly used in the country.

Getting Canadian work experience is not easy. However, it is achievable through:

  • Part-Time & Temporary Work – causal jobs that are less than 30 hours a week are part-time jobs. These can be done while studying or caring for the family. Temporary jobs will have a start and an end date and often be available in specific seasons. They are enough to get Canadian work experience and a good hourly wage.
  • Work Placement Programs – these opportunities provide immigrants to gain Canadian work experience, however, these are not paid jobs. This is a good way to gain valuable contacts for future job and business opportunities in Saskatchewan.
  • Transitional Jobs – these are temporary jobs but in the same field of study. They provide opportunities to get visible for employers and gain Canadian work experience. Commonly, individuals who are waiting for a permanent job opportunity or finishing a graduate program occupy transitional jobs.

Job Opportunities for Health Care Professionals

The following links provide a list of health care job opportunities:

  • Health Careers in Saskatchewan – the official recruitment agency for Saskatchewan that lists opportunities in regional health authorities and Saskatchewan Cancer Agency.
  • Saskjobs.ca is the largest job-posting website in Saskatchewan.

Getting a Work Permit

Not being a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident makes it illegal for you to work in Canada without a work permit. Here is how to apply for a work permit:

Temporary Work Permit

  1. Secure a job in Saskatchewan.
  2. The employer will apply for LMIA if one is not available.
  3. Once the LMIA is available, the employer can send you a contract and a job offer letter.
  4. You need to apply for the work permit at IRCC by providing the offer letter, job contract, a copy of the LMIA, and the LMIA number.
  5. Once IRCC approves your application, you will be granted a work permit and you can work in Saskatchewan temporarily.

Working temporarily may not be a good option for many. Therefore, if you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for permanent residence through the SINP or Express Entry program.

Permanent Work Permit

When applying from outside Canada, the following steps can help you obtain a work permit and become a permanent resident in Saskatchewan:

  1. Look for a job in Saskatchewan that meets the eligibility criteria of the SINP International Skilled Worker Category.
  2. Apply through SINP and on meeting the criteria, you will be nominated through the SINP selection process. 
  3. A SINP nomination certificate will be required when applying for a work permit through LMIA.
  4. Once you get the work permit, you can legally move to Saskatchewan temporarily.
  5. The next step is the submission of the permanent residence application to IRCC through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
  6. After reviewing, IRCC will approve and issue a Permanent Resident Visa.

Accompanying Family Members

While you are working in Canada on a permanent work permit, your family can accompany you or visit you in Canada. However, if your spouse or children wish to work while they are in Canada, they must apply for their work permits.

Get more information from IRCC’s Help Centre on accompanying family members.

Most workplaces in Saskatchewan have similar rules and regulations. However, every occupation and employer will have a different set of rules for the workplace. Learn more about employee rights and responsibilities and what to expect on the job when working in Saskatchewan. 

Saskatchewan jobs for foreign workers

LMIA jobs in Saskatchewan

Time for a new Job? Lmia jobs in Saskatchewan

Over 100002 candidates have already subscribed to Ciccanadajobs‘s Job Alerts to get new relevant jobs.
Click here to find LMIA jobs in Saskatchewan


Foreign workers recruitment agencies in Saskatchewan

Immigration to Saskatchewan Canada: Greentech Resources ltd, foreign workers recruitment agency in Saskatchewan Canada provide Saskatchewan jobs for foreign workers.

With a lot of opportunities waiting for foreign nationals, be it a skilled worker or an international student, SINP can help you immigrate to Canada. There are several ways in which one can immigrate to the country. However, a little insight into the country can be of great help.

Here are some of the occupations of clients we have helped bring to Canada already:

Saskatchewan immigration consultant

Best immigration consultants in Regina, Saskatchewan


2124 Broad Street, 7th Floor RBC Building, Regina, SK S4P 1Y5 Directions

Since 2016

Here’s The Deal:
GreenTech Resources is one of the most established immigration consultants and recruitment agencies for newcomers based in Canada. They assist individuals in having a smooth and hassle-free immigration process. They provide information and advice on express entry, LMIA, SINP, work permits, jobs, family sponsorship, permanent residency to help their clients. They can help if you have decided to take the plunge and relocate to Saskatchewan, the land of opportunities, by offering services related to all your immigration needs. GreenTech Resources has offices all across Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, and North Battleford. Now in Calgary, Alberta, and Abbotsford, British Columbia.

Immigration and Naturalisation Service, Express Entry, PNP, Work Permit, LMIA, Foreign Worker Recruitment, Student Visas, Temporary Foreign Worker Recruitment & Business Class Immigration

Schedule Consultation



 (306) 500-1704

Mon-Fri: 9am – 5pm
Sat & Sun: Closed

Source: threebestrated.ca

Read more:

Immigration to Saskatchewan Canada | Saskatchewan jobs for foreign workers | LMIA

Hiring Foreign Workers through LMIA in Saskatchewan

GreenTech: Best Immigration Consultant in Saskatoon-Regina-Calgary-Abbotsford-Mississauga(Toronto). Helping with Foreign Worker Recruitment, LMIA within Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, and BC, Canada

Living in Saskatchewan – Things you Need to Know


SINP application rejected

SINP Application Got Rejected- What You Should Do Next?

SINP second review processing time

Request for a Second Review Form

  • A request for a second review will not be considered if your request is made and received after 30 days of the day the SINP issued your ineligible letter.
  • A request for a second review may be denied if you cannot justify your reason for the review. If your request is accepted, a second review case will be created and you will be notified by email that your application has been placed under second review.
  • Applications under second review will be subject to second review procedures and processing times that are calculated from when the request is received. Second review processing times vary depending on the volume of the requests received and the inventory level of applications under review. Once the review is complete then you will be notified of the second review decision by email.

Source: saskatchewan.ca

SINP second review processing time: You need to wait for 30-40 days more and they will respond to your request.

As there are huge applications it could even take longer time. Max you wait for 2 months and then raise another query.


SINP Second Review Request

What You Should Do If Your SINP Application Rejected? | SINP Rejection

SINP draw | SINP latest draw

Largest PNP draw of the year in Saskatchewan


NOC codes of Construction workers, managers, electrician, fitter and cabinet makers were invited.


So please refer to your NOC if you have one of these noc’s and score is 65 or above, you must have received your invitation to apply from the province of Saskatchewan.


See below for information on the selection rounds that have occurred through the SINP’s EOI system.


Greentech Resources congratulate all those who got their ITA in this draw:

Updated: November 18, 2021


Date of EOI Draw |

Minimum Points Required |

No. of ITAs Issued |

Category |

Selected occupations for EOI selection are as follows:


18, 2021





Invited Candidates had Educational Credential Assessments.

Not all occupations were selected. The occupations chosen and eligible for the

EOI selection on November 18, 2021 have the following classification numbers:

0711, 0016, 7242, 0712, 7294, 7231, 7281, 7243, 7201, 7371, 7203, 7235, 7283, 7272





Invited Candidates had Educational Credential Assessments.

Not all occupations were selected. The occupations chosen and eligible for the

EOI selection on November 18, 2021 have the following classification numbers:

0711, 0016, 7242, 0712, 7294, 7231, 7281, 7243, 7201, 7371, 7203, 7235, 7283, 7272


Please feel free to contact us for any queries or further information.


The Perfect Location

SINP Sucess Story

One more great success story for our team. Executive chef Moroccan citizen currently. from Saudi Arabia received SINP nomination and landing Canada with full family. Welcome to Canada, Ahmed.

We are looking for more Chefs, Cooks, Restaurant Managers, Kitchen Managers across Canada.

Our Support

Rajdeep Maher

Rajdeep Maher


  • +1 780 257 1067
  • +1 780 257 1067
  • info@greentechresources.ca
Shirrin Siingh

Shirrin Siingh


  • +1 639 915 1060
  • +1 639 915 1060
  • info@greentechresources.ca
Dhiraj Sethi

Dhiraj Sethi