Family Sponsorship Programs
Other than the regular visa application programs, people can also apply for a visa or even permanent residence under certain sponsorship programs. These programs cover everyone from skilled workers to family members. Choose any one of these sponsorship programs to make an application for a Canadian visa.
If you are a permanent citizen of Canada or registered under the Canadian Indian Act, and more than 18 years old, you can sponsor a relative, who can come to Canada and settle there under the Family Class Sponsorship Program. However, citizens with criminal records or a previous case of failed relative immigration (due to non-adherence to the rules) are not allowed to sponsor any relatives.
There are strict rules for people who can be sponsored as well. Here is a list for better understanding:
- orphaned blood relative who is under 18 and is without a spouse
- one blood relative like a parent, spouse, children, grandparents and siblings (However, it is important to remember that the person cannot be a Canadian citizen or registered under the Canadian Indian Act)
The relative can apply for citizenship once the sponsor application is accepted. In case of refusal of citizenship under Family Class Sponsorship Program, you can seek visa application Canada based services at GreenTech, recognized as a reputed
The Immigrants, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allow companies to hire skilled foreign workers for a temporary period of time. The visas are issued under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and categorized into separate criteria that include skilled workers, workers for seasonal agriculture, and caregivers. The work is available to the foreign worker only in case of shortage of skilled Canadian labourers. Under this scheme, the employer sponsors the worker and a prior approval from LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment) has to be received before getting the foreign worker visa. (discussed in details in Special Program Page)
The live-in Caregivers Programs is one of the most popular sponsorship programs given to temporary workers that allows them to gain permanent residence upon two years of consecutive living and working in Canada. The program is designed to recruit foreigners to provide caregiving facilities to children or people in need of medical care. Though the program still exists, acceptance of new applications has stopped getting accepted by the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) since November 2014.
If you still wish to apply for the caregiver program, you have to meet a certain requirement from the eligibility criteria:
- Have a Canadian work permit for a minimum of 2 years
- Have an authorized live-in employment for up to 22 months in Canada
- A minimum work experience of four years
- Language requirements along with degrees are also required to qualify for the job of a caregiver
Similar to the Foreign Worker Sponsorship Program, temporary workers planning to stay and work in Canada for less than 120 days also qualify for this sponsorship program. A temporary worker will /can be offered the job in Canada only when there is the unavailability of skilled workers in Canada. The foreign worker will receive the visa only after a thorough assessment by the LMIA. Upon approval, a temporary work permit will be issued to the worker. To check whether or not you will need LMIA approval, contact the Canadian immigration specialists at Greentech.
The sponsorship programs have a special provision which allows sponsors to bring dependent children, both natural and adopted to the country. In case of adoption, the documents need to be present in order to prove the relationship. To be eligible for this program both the sponsor and the sponsored child must meet certain eligibility criteria.
- The sponsor must be 18 years of age
- He or she must either be a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident of Canada or be registered under the Canadian Indian Act.
- The sponsor must show financial ability to take care of an adopted child and should be able to provide the basic amenities like food, clothing, shelter and proper education.
- The sponsored person should be less than 22 years old and should not have a spouse or common-law partner
- The child must be financially dependent on the parent and should have no other source of income
In case of those individuals whose adoption process is under process can already start sponsoring without having to wait for the papers.
To get special immigration process assistance, get in touch with our expert immigration consultant Canada based.
Free Assessment Form
Find out if you qualify under any of Immigration Programs.
Immigrate to Canada
All foreign workers and employers have to undergo proper channels and eligibility criteria before the employment begins in Canada. This is crucial because all foreign workers need a permit. The permit issued to the workers depends on the kind of program they qualify for. There different I types of Canadian Work Permits. If you are looking for jobs in future you can Search Canada Jobs in Demand hereread more
The number of foreign students who choose to complete their higher education from Canada has increased significantly over the last few decades, with an 11% rise in foreign student enrollment. Offering top-quality education in internationally renowned colleges, the cost of living, a rich and vibrant life along with affordable tuition fees for the institutions make Canada a leading destination for students. Ask us…. click here !read more
There are several programs which are specifically introduced for the Business Class, who can significantly contribute to the Canadian economy. This includes entrepreneurs, investors, start-ups or self-employed people who are interested in venturing into the Canadian market and contribute using their business acumen and skills. Ask us for more information. Click hereread more
Getting a visa is just the first step towards a new life that you envision to start in Canada. There are several other factors which need to be considered like finding a house, preparing entry at the airport, understanding the laws of the country and getting a clear picture of the obligations that are imposed on the citizens. Ask us how we can help…..click here !read more
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Traders Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers Program
- Atlantic Pilot Program
- LMIA Permit Program for Less-skilled Workers
- Temporary Work Program
- Canada Experience Class
- Quebec Experience Class
- Federal Self-employed Programs
- Entrepreneur Program
- Start-up Visa Program
How can we help?
- FREE assessment
- Advice on PR , Study , Visit , Business visas
- Preparing Immigration Documents
- Pre-landing coaching
- Live chat – one to one session
- Canada Job Search
- Resume and Cover Letter service
- Interview preparation service
- Orientation before arrival
- Post Landing Services
- Help you and your family settle
- Help your friends and family